Monday 14 June 2010

Festival Beauty Must-Haves

Ever wondered how the celebs still look great after a night camping under the stars! Our Guest Blogger, makeup artist LeSalonDeBeaute, reveals her top 5 festival beauty products to keep festival fabulous with minimum effort!

I'm not a festival goer. I've always fancied myself as one but I just know that the reality is that it's not for me. For starters, I'm seriously geographically challenged! I can barely find my own house every day let alone a tiny tent in an ocean of tents across a field of fields. Then there are the crowds. I'm only small. I'd lose my friends in all the throngs of people. Combine that with not being able to find my tent and I'd be in all sorts of trouble. So I stay away from the festivals. I did go to the O2 Wireless festival once! That was great fun! Ever so civilised standing around in Hyde Park with cups of Pimms and watching Rufus Wainwright and Keane. Much more my cup of tea. Mmm... tea... yummm. Another reason festivals aren't for me. Can you take a tea pot there with you?

Anyway, while I watch festivals on TV and dream about looking as cool as Sienna in a boho dress and wellies, I ponder what festival beauty products I'd take with me. What kind of moisturiser does one need when sleeping in a teepee?

1.The very first thing that came to mind to combat festival hair was dry shampoo! It's just not possible for a girl to look glamorous with greasy hair! It just can't be done! I'd go with Batiste. For me it's the brunette version. You can nearly make it through a week without washing your hair if you've got a can of this handy! I also love that it's totally cheap and cheerful! You're not going to get upset if it gets washed away in a flash flood while you're crowd surfing in front of a stage elsewhere.

2.Technically this next one is two items. But I've decided to class them together as one! In case the sun does decide to shine down on Blighty, you have got to have sun screen! I swear by Institut Esthederm. They also have one that is a face cream with their special sun screen combined and it will do gorgeous things to your complexion. Now, these guys don't have an SPF number. You get one, two or three suns. Three suns is more for skiing or if you're going to trek to a pole. For a festival I would go with two suns, and I have incredibly fair skin that burns really easily. This sunscreen is great because it encourages all your own melanin to rise towards the surface of your skin. That means when the lotion starts to wear off, you'll have your own natural protection helping you out rather than just leaving you high and dry to burn to a crisp. It's the only lotion I've used where I've never ended up with some kind of burn.

3. So you're going to need something to wash all the mud off your face at the end of the day. Well, I've heard the stories of what the facilities are like at a festival! I don't think I'd be taking my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish out there! No, I think this calls for Simple's Gentle Cleansing Wipes! Easy to pack, no running water required, effective but gentle on pretty much any skin type! In fact, I keep these in my makeup kit for almost every client I work on.

4. Now, me being me, there is no way I couldn't have just a little makeup, even at a festival. I think I'd pretty much stick to just two items though. Something to even out my skin tone and mascara. For foundation, I'd go with my new favourite, bareMinerals Original Foundation Powder. Just swirl the kabuki in the pot, tap off the excess and buff it into your skin! Trust me, this will last ALL DAY! It will give you a gorgeous complexion as well as a little more sun protection.

5. As far as the mascara goes, obviously it NEEDS to be waterproof! I love Rimmel's Waterproof Volume Flash mascara. It gives you those gorgeous, thick lashes you love in a super inky black. I like to really wiggle it into my lashes to get loads of definition around the eye - almost like wearing eyeliner without the hassle of having an extra step in your morning makeup regime. And this stuff isn't going to budge! You'll probably need to take it off properly with an oil makeup remover when you get back home!

I hope that helps your wash bag packing dilemmas for wherever you're heading this festival season! Stick to those basics, add some killer sunglasses and someone is sure to think you're with the band!

No comments:

Labels

007 (1) 17 (1) 80s (1) A'kin (1) Aapri (1) Advanced Night Repair (1) Alberto Morillas (1) Alfaparf Splendore (1) Amélie (1) Anne Fontaine (1) Aphrodisiac (1) Apples and Pears (1) Asda (2) Audrey Tautou (2) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (1) Avon (1) Avril Lavigne (1) Bach (1) Balenciaga (1) Bank Holiday (1) bareMinerals (1) Barielle (1) BarryM (2) Batiste (1) Beautifully Delicious (1) beauty news (3) beauty panel (1) Beauty products (1) beauty tip (1) Beautybanter (1) becca (1) Beeswax (1) Benefit (2) Bikini (1) Bio Etic (1) Biotherm (1) bliss (1) Body Fragrance (1) body scrub (1) Bond (1) Boots (4) Bourjois (1) BritishBeautyBlogger (1) Bronzers (2) Bronzing (1) Budget (1) Bumble and Bumble (1) Candles (2) Caudalie (2) Chanel (1) Chanel No. 5 (2) Charles Worthington (1) Cheryl Cole (1) Chocolate treats (1) Christian Dior (1) Christina Aguilera (1) Christmas (1) Citizen Queen (1) Clairol (1) Clarins (1) Clarinsmen (1) Coco Chanel (4) collection 2000 (1) Colorsport (1) Cosmetics (1) Cosmo (1) Cosmopolitan (1) Coutts (1) cultbeauty.co.uk (1) Daisy (2) damaged hair (1) Darphin (1) Davidoff Cool Water (1) Decleor (1) department store shopping (2) desert island (1) designer products (1) Detox (2) DHC (2) Diptique (1) DKNY (1) DolceGabbana (1) Dove (1) dr Bronner (1) dry hair (2) dry hands (1) Dry Shampoo (1) DuWop (1) E45 (1) Edward Bess (1) Effaclar Duo (1) Egg Confetti (1) Elemis (5) Elite club (1) Elizabeth Arden (2) Elle MacPherson (1) Ellnet (1) Essie (3) Estee Lauder (3) Estée Lauder (2) Eve Lom (1) Eyebrow (1) Eyelashes (1) Eyeliner (2) eyes (2) fair skin (1) Fair trade (1) Fake Bake (1) Fashion (2) fashion make up (2) Fifi (1) Fifi Lapin (1) Fleur Defendue (1) Fleurs de Bach (1) Flowerbomb (1) For the Feet (1) Forbidden Flower (1) Fragrance (4) Frangipani (1) French Connection (1) Garnier Vital Restore (1) Gemma Arterton (1) ghd (1) Gift Republic (1) Gillette (2) Givenchy (1) Glow (1) Gok Wan (1) Goodie Bag (1) Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (1) Green and Spring (1) Guam (1) Gucci (1) Hair removal (1) hair volume (1) Haircare (1) Hed Kandi (1) Herbal Essences (1) high street shopping (6) highstreet shopping (2) Holland and Barrett (1) How to look good naked (2) ic skincare (1) Idealist (1) Intimately Beckham (1) Isle of Wight festival (1) Issey Miyake (2) J-Lo (1) Jamin Leather (1) Jean Paul Gaultier (2) Jean-Pierre Jeunet (1) Jelly Pong Pong (1) Jergens (2) Jewellery (1) Jo Malone (1) John Frieda (1) John Galliano (1) Johnson (1) Juicy tubes (1) Juliette has a gun (2) Jurlique (1) Kiss of Approval (1) L'Occitane (1) L'Oreal Paris (1) L'Oréal Paris Expert (2) La Roche-Posay (1) Lab Series (1) Laia (4) Lancaster (1) Lancome (1) Lancôme (2) Lanvin (1) Latest in Beauty (2) LatestInBeauty.com (5) Lee Stafford (1) Lip gloss (1) Lip Plumper (1) Lipbalm (2) Lipstick Queen (1) Llods Pharmacy (1) Lolita Lempicka (1) London Jewellery week (1) LookFantastic (1) Louise Galvin (1) Luxury Goods Fair (1) Mac (2) Maison Martin Margiela (1) Makeup (3) Makeup tutorials (1) Male Moisturiser (1) Malin+Goetz (1) Marc Jacobs (2) Marks and Sparks (1) Marks and Spencer (1) Mary Cohr (1) Mascara (3) Massage (2) Melvita (1) Millie (1) Mira Zwillinger (1) Miss Wax (1) Miu Miu (1) Nails (1) Nails Inc. (1) NARS (1) Natalie Imbruglia (1) Natural (4) Neon (1) Neutrogena (1) New Zealand (1) Nicole Kidman (2) Nina Ricci (1) Nivea (1) No No (1) No7 (2) normal skin (4) Normandie (1) Nubar (2) Olay (2) olive skin (1) online shopping (6) OPI (1) Organic (2) Origins (1) Orlane (1) P Diddy (1) Pantene (1) Party looks (1) Paul and Joe (3) Paul Mitchell (1) Perfume (5) Philosophy (1) Prada (1) prematurely aged skin (1) Prestige (1) Pringle (1) Product Girl (1) professional salon hair care (1) quite dry skin (1) Radox (1) Rapid Lash (1) Re-Gen (1) Redken (2) REN Skincare (2) Revlon (1) RMK (1) Romano Ricci (1) Rosa Maya (1) Ruby (1) Ruby and Millie (1) Sampling (2) Sarah-Jane (2) Sean Young (1) Seche Vite (1) self tanning (1) Selfridges (1) sensitive skin (2) Serums (1) Shavata (1) Shu Uemura (1) simple (1) SJP (2) Skin Boost (1) skin never irritable (1) Skin Refinisher (1) skin.ny (1) Skincare (3) Skinfood (1) Soap and Glory (4) spa treatments (1) SpaceNK (2) SPF (1) Steam Cream (1) straight hair (1) Sugar Me (1) Summer (1) Sun (1) sun damaged skin (1) superdrug (2) Susan Chyi (1) Syn-ake (1) Tanning (2) Tesco (1) Tess Daly (1) The Beauty Room (1) The Body Shop (1) The Fragrance Foundation (2) thick hair (2) Threading (1) TIGI (3) Toner (1) Too Faced (2) Top Shop (1) Travel Sizes (1) Travelling (1) TRESemme (1) Tri-Aktiline (1) Trial (1) TV ads (1) Urban Decay (3) Valentine's (1) Vaseline (2) Vera Wang (2) Versace (1) Vichy (1) Vie at home (1) Viktor and Rolf (1) Virgin Vie (1) VO5 (1) wahanda (1) Wavy hair (1) Weather (1) Weather works (1) wee birdy (1) wrap (1) xen-tan (1) YSL (1) YSL Touche Eclat (1) Zuneta (1)